If you find it hard to stand up in most One Pieces, odds on you have a long torso. And buying swimwear that fits well is quite tricky and frustrating. Precious hours wasted. We know you don't have time for that!
But armed with the right information (from Cossie Whisperers who know 'swimsuit fit') finding a swimsuit that fits your longer body shape will be easier. Promise.
When you shop online, read about the features and details. Don't just scroll and swipe like you do on social media, the goodness is in those details.
Here's what to look for in a One Piece:
1. Ruching in the tummy area - and a little goes a long way. You don't necessarily want heaps because with your longer torso, you probably don't have a rounder tummy shape. But what those little folds of fabric do is open up and stretch with you, giving you the extra length you need for a comfortable fit.
- Helen's go to style is the Bandeau for that reason.
- Closely followed by the Underwire One Piece which has ruching along the torso but not as much as the Bandeau style does.
These styles are staples in our range and each season you will see them in new prints and plains. Below are a few examples of what we currently have in stock. More will be landing from late August onwards.
2. Adjustable Shoulder Straps - loosening them off will give you that little bit of extra length. And a style with heaps of flexibility to tie your own at any length like the 6 Ways to Wear one below. Maximum shoulder straps flexibility there girls!
In a Tankini:
3. Look for Longer Length Tankini Tops. Check the photos out if the measurements are not given. Does the model look like she's got your shape? In most instances, she won't. They're not all like our fabulous Helen :) So do they sit well below her hips? Imagine them shorter on you by a few centimetres and that is a pretty reliable guide too. A bit more if you are really tall.
95% of our tankini's are a longer line so you are pretty safe. If you're not 100% sure, Contact Us and we'll measure the length for you. It would take us all year to individually measure each style and size but special requests, we are more than happy to help out with :)
In a Swimdress:
The One Piece is underneath in a swimdress and most don't have ruching in the tummy area unfortunately (might have to request that from our labels). So you will need to go with adjustable strap options. All our swimdresses have adjustable straps.
As for Bikini's...the world's your oyster from a length point of view!
Alterations are always an option. We understand that not everyone can buy off the shelf and this is the best way for us to get you that custom fit as we don't make the cossies ourselves.
We don't get many requests to add in fabric in the legs (most requests are to take them in) but there's no reason why we couldn't. Our alterations team is brilliant! Choose the 'take the legs' in alteration option and in the comments when you checkout, explain that you want to add it in and we'll be in touch to get it right with you. Easy.
If you need a hand, as always, Contact Us and we'll get right onto it for you. You can always book in for an Online Fitting and get ready to take on summer with greater gusto. We are here for you and your Summer Confidence...your Cossie Confidence.
Thanks girls. Have a great week. See you next Sunday. There is much brewing in the background and as much loved subscribers, you'll get to find out first! Stay tuned.
Oh! Speaking of staying tuned...I'll be having a chat live every Friday at 2pm over on Facebook. Join me and my guests for updates on what's happening and to learn all sorts of goodness. A laugh or two will be assured as well :) See you then! If you can't make it at 2pm, you can always catch the replay. Just head over to the Video section on our Facebook page and find them in there. They are kept in reverse date order so you'll need to scroll down to find the latest.
Shop our range of swimsuit that fits your longer body shape here! We've tagged them all so you can find them quickly and easily.
Take care. Stay safe. To your Summer Confidence.